Now Hiring - Civil/Survey Technician
Please submit resumes to David Staerr via e-mail or fax email@example.com or 585-586-6752
Basic knowledge of civil engineering and land surveying along with skills for boundary surveys, topographic surveys, site plan layout and construction layout are required for this position.
Qualified candidates should possess a Technical, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Land Surveying and have at least 3 to 5 years of site, civil and survey experience. Other qualifications include a valid driver’s license, attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication, and the ability to multi-task.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Produce boundary, subdivision, instrument and topographic mapping through AutoCAD.
2. Produce site civil drawings, profiles and details using AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
3. Process field electronic data for topographic surveys.
4. Perform calculations to setup field information for survey crew construction layout.
5. May assist in researching records and compiling data for field survey crews; may review field books, legal descriptions and resolve discrepancies as required.
6. May need at times to perform field survey work.
- Basic land, topographic, and construction surveying principles and practices
- Mathematics through trigonometry
- Computer software and its application to surveying including: AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Hand held calculators (Hewlett Packard) with SMI survey program software
- Global Positioning System (GPS) and related Global Positioning (GP) software
Skill and Ability to:
- Accurately calculate and interpret maps and construction plans
- Ability to operate GPS and conventional survey equipment
- Communicate effectively in orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective office procedures, records, sketches, note keeping and filing systems
- Ability to be a team player
- Enjoys working in a high expectation work environment
- Bachelors Degree in related field preferred, Associates degree accepted
- 3 to 5 years of related experience